CP12 Certificate

At UCFHTL safety & security of our home seekers is our number 1 priority. It is a MUST that all rental properties advertised on the UCFHTL site meet certain requirements the main one being any landlord or estate agent looking to rent their properties on this site ensure they adhere to the companies terms & Conditions along side in making a covenant that their available rental properties has a CP12, Electrical & EPC certificate. See below for more information. Please also note this information can be found on the Gas Safe Register site & the Gov.uk Site.

CP12 Certificate

What is a Gas Safety Record? A Gas Safety Record is the documentation that may be given to you by a gas engineer after they’ve done gas work at your property. The documentation provided will often depend on the type of work they’ve undertaken – be it a service or a safety check. While all gas engineers are required by law to be on the Gas Safe Register, it’s not a legal requirement for them to provide Gas Safety Record documentation after they visit you. There’s one exception, and that’s if you’re a landlord. Landlord Gas Safety Record: the low down As a landlord letting a residential property, you have a legal duty to ensure it’s safe for your tenants. This means you’re required by law to get a Gas Safe registered engineer to do an annual gas safety check on all gas appliances – and it’s the results of these checks that are recorded in your Landlord Gas Safety Record. You’ll receive a copy, and you’ll need to provide a record of this check to your tenants. In your record, you should find:
  • A description and location of each appliance or flue that was checked
  • The name, registration number and signature of the engineer who made the checks
  • The date the checks were carried out
  • The address of the property where the appliances or flues are installed
  • Your name and address (or an agent’s where applicable)
  • Information on any safety defects and actions needed or taken to fix them
  • The results of all operational safety checks carried out on the appliances
  • The gas pipework in your rented property must also be kept in a safe condition. Installation pipework is not covered by the annual gas safety check, but both we and the HSE recommend that when you request a safety check, you ask your Gas Safe registered engineer to:
  • Test for tightness on the whole gas system, including installation pipework
  • Visually examine the pipework (so far as is reasonably practicable)

Compare listings


Join Us